Like most women, my weight has always been a struggle. I’ve had more ups and downs than a Six Flags roller coaster. But it wasn’t until recently, after coming home from a family vacation, that I truly for the first time in my life….felt like garbage.
I knew I needed a serious change. I found one book, one plan, and although it seemed like an impossible feat, it ended up changing my entire well being – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
And BONUS – I lost SIX pounds in the process!
Now you may thinking, ‘felt like garbage’, that’s a little harsh. Aren’t we supposed to have positive self-talk? But that’s honestly how I felt; weighed-down, sluggish, massively uncomfortable in my own skin. Deep down I knew the food I was eating – chips and dip, bagels with cream cheese, muffins, pasta, ice cream, Venti Caramel Macchiatos, pizza – was all having a negative impact on my life.
And to be completely candid, I was tired of wearing compression underwear!
So here’s my honest review and meal plan tips to help you kick your junk food habit and succeed in your Whole30 journey (should you choose to embark on one!):
- You HAVE to…I repeat HAVE TO…BUY THE BOOK! The internet is a wonderland of information but you still HAVE TO buy the the book! Reading the plan, step by step, day by day (it’s a short daily read), motivates you in a way Pinterest just can’t. http://amzn.to/2g2wVG0
*Heads up – we get credit if you click the above link – see our disclaimer below.*
- You WILL have to give up some of your favorite foods…but it’s only 30 days. Did I go to parties where people offered me cake…and sprinkle cookies…from PUBLIX…literally the greatest sprinkle cookies ever created?! Um YES! And guess what? I turned them down. It’s only 30 days. You’ll eat a sprinkle cookie again, one day, but NOT today. You’re challenging yourself to see what clean eating feels like. Boosting your energy and feeling de-bloated. Being more comfortable in your clothes. Sleeping better. Just READ THE BOOK.
- Surprisingly, it’s NOT that hard. I’m a mom so you already know that I’m busy. I don’t have time to count, or measure, or divide my food into categories. That’s why Whole30 was so easy to follow. You have 2 lists – here’s what I’m currently eating and here’s what I’m NOT currently eating. Boom. Done.
- Not a master chef? No problem! You’re eating food in it’s natural form so there’s not a crazy amount of work. Here’s my sample meal plan:
- Breakfast: Coffee with almond milk creamer (I honestly prefer my coffee this way now!) and turkey sausage with veggie and egg muffins.
- Snack: Green tea, halved cashews, and a piece of fruit or compliant Lara Bar (My favorite http://amzn.to/2vWSYDA)
- Lunch: Egg salad (with Trader Joe’s ‘Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Blend’), carrots and cucumbers with guacamole, a piece of fruit, and a few slices of salami with Passionfruit La Croix.
- Dinner: Grass-fed and organic steak or Salmon (Simply Balanced brand at Target is my favorite!), with roasted cauliflower and broccoli, and a sweet potato.
- Dessert: Banana, blueberries, and raspberries with almond butter and coconut chips.
So here’s the deal I’m not a nutritionist or a dietitian, I’m just a regular mom who was tired of feeling unhealthy. I implemented a lifestyle change that I never intended to make but I’m so happy I did! If you’re ready for a change, to try something new, I hope you will take my advice, BUY THE BOOK, and follow the plan.
And follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss the follow-up –
How Whole30 Got My Picky Eaters to STOP Snacking.
“Creating Among Chaos is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com”